lundi 9 février 2026

Heated Rivalry en 5 citations

J'ai fini d'écouter la version audio de Heated Rivalry hier et j'ai honnêtement adoré le livre et pas pour les raisons que vous pensez! Je ferai un avis plus en profondeur prochainement, mais, pour l'instant, ce que je vais dire c'est que ce n'est pas tant pour les scènes de smut que j'ai apprcécié le livre. C'est plutôt l'évolution de la relation entre les personnages dans un contexte où l'homosexualité est plus ou moins bien accepté.

Pour tenter de faire lire ce livre à ceux qui ne l'ont pas encore lu, voici cinq citations que j'ai particulièrement apprécié dans la lecture.


1. “I have been with lots of women. That was not ... fake. But ... He looked at Shane, and Shane held his breath. I have only been in love with one person.”


2. “You are very beautiful,” Ilya said.
Shane smiled without opening his eyes. “Come on.”
“Is the truth. Your freckles.” Ilya grazed a fingertip over his own cheek. “I am nuts about them.”
“I have no idea why. I hate them.”
“Noooo...” Ilya moaned. “Hollander. They are stunning.”
“Stunning?”
“Yes. Am I not using that word right? Very beautiful. Um...take my breath?”
“Wow. Alright”


3. “Fuck you and your loon!” Ilya said. “Stupid Canadian wolf bird.”


4. “That admission would have been embarrassing enough, but Ilya had also slipped in an “and on top of everything, I’m pretty sure I’m in love with you and I don’t know what to do about it.”


5. “Ilya couldn’t resist a bad idea. And Shane Hollander was a bad fucking idea. The worst idea.”

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire